Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




February 3, 2009

May the Peace be with You



I can't believe how fast January has flown by! It's now 3 months left until my 'real' senior year is over! I can remember freshman year, with all of the mixers, meeting new people, date parties, etc. like it was yesterday...I can also remember that list I had for myself of all the things I wanted to accomplish before I graduated...Well I'm proud to announce that I can mark another thing off.

#7: JOIN A YOGA STUDIO

Well ladies (and gentlemen), I have found one, and I am certainly in love. And because I am so ecstatic about this place, I've chosen to share my happiness with you all. Now, for those of you who think yoga is just 'a bunch of stretching,' I'm here to challenge to take one power yoga session with Philip Clift, and tell me if it's really just 'stretching.' The studio that I've found is called The Glowing Body, and it's a quaint, charming, very intimate studio with a cafe inside, and is run by the most welcoming employees.
I decided that I wanted to join a yoga studio because I knew my body was getting used to the cardio and weights that I've incorporated into my workout routine and was craving something different, so I opted to try a real yoga place while I was abroad in Spain. Needless to say, I immensley enjoyed it and was determined to find one in Ktown.
The Glowing Body offers classes throughout the day for all levels, targeting beginner, intermediate, or advance in each designated class. It's located downtown, off of Central, by Magpies. It also has "learning sessions" that is taught in series and is offered throughout the year. (I'm doing the Power Yoga Series) It's $10/class for UT students and $15/class for all. (which is an amazing deal for everyone who knows how expensive yoga is!)

• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home