Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




January 19, 2009

Walk Like an Egyptian



New Years Resolution #1: Spend More Time with Those You Love
It is such a simple resolution, but this statement often forms more into a request more than anything. "Could you please find some time to squeeze me in?" or "I never see you anymore, where have you been?!" are two phrases most commonly used, either with significant others or friends. Between class, work, (trying to find a job), and figuring out what I want to do with the rest of my life, I sometimes forget that the good things in life are meant to be shared. Luckily, I have great friends who help remind me of that!

This weekend was a friend of mine's birthday weekend. We celebrated at a small Egyptian restaurant, King Tut's, and proceeded to the strip. "The Strip" is Cumberland Ave which is where a lot of UT social outings occur. The street is filled with yummy restaurants, bars, and has other convenient stores such as a FedEx or Wal-greens that are very accessible to the students at UT. My friend's birthday, Carli, happened to be on one of the coldest nights of the year and after getting out of class at 9pm, I honestly wanted to retire in my fuzzy PJs and snooze the rest of the night away...but of course, because this day is so special, I decided to embrace the cold winds and celebrate with the girls Karaokee style! Thankfully, I made the right decision! It was a wonderful night, not only for the birthday girl, but for all the others as well. It was great seeing everyone again, especially those I haven't seen since last December!

The morale of this story is that I learned that although there are going to be those nights that are so cold and freezing, or that I might be busy studying for an exam, to let loose and remember to spend time with those that I love, because in the end, those are the moments that'll give me the best memories.

*King Tut's Restaurant is a small Egyptian restaurant located on the other side of Henley Bridge. The restaurant is filled with karaokee, a tricycle, different halloween masks, and lots of fun!

• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home