Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




August 30, 2008

A Long Time Coming


While I waited a very long time for this moment to get here, I can hardly believe that it IS here. I'm leaving for Barcelona in two weeks, and I can't help but wonder if I made the right choice. I mean of course I know that this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity that not everyone can experience, and how fortunate I am to be able to do this much traveling...but then I think of things like: I'll be sleeping in someone's bed for 4 months, I know no one that is going, and home isn't really just a hop skitch and plane ride away. I know these doubts are just slowly creeping in because I'm probably just really anxious, and that once I step on that plane I'll be fine, but I can't help but wonder.
On the flip side, I just ask myself, "Paula, would you really want to be doing the same things you've been doing for the past 3 years?" and I always answer no. So that has to mean something, right? I just need to get on the plane! Funny how this is my senior year and I still get nervous about things like this.

• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home