Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




August 23, 2008

It's that time of year again





So it's the start of the new year. Summer is over, and Knoxville is filled with chatter, busy streets, and this week-girls in dresses! This week was sorority recruitment and I'm sure all the girls, PNMs and the girls in ALL the chapters have done an amazing job! I'm in Ktown for only a few days, trying to get advised, see everyone before I leave for Spain, and deal with other little errands.
This past summer has definitely been one for the books. It was a summer that I'll never forget, and one that I'll always want to remember. I was a camp counselor at Falling Creek Camp for boys in Tuxedo, NC and it was an experience that I can honestly say was life-changing.

It was definitely at times extreme tiring, but I learned so much that it was worth it in the end. The campers were great and it's such an amazing feeling to know that I was apart of a team of people that brought two boys together that could potentially be best friends for the rest of their lives.
Last year was definitely one of the most difficult times I've had thus far, and I was so extremely down and not understanding why everything was going the way it was. (I mean everything that could've happened wrong, happened!) After going to camp, I realized that those things happened so it could get me to the place that I was this summer; I finally understood that God wanted me to understand that through all my struggles, He wanted to show me something, He wanted to get me somewhere. I guess I'm telling whoever reads this that, in college (and I know i've said it before, so what's one more time!) there will be some times that things aren't neccessarily going your way, but don't get discouraged because those things are just trying to lead you to your next chapter. I enjoyed camp, the campers, the outdoors, but most of all I'm so thankful for the opportunity I got to experience such an amazing time.

• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home